COURSES & FACILITIES
- Management/Supervision Studies
- Effective Business English/ Communications
- Organizational Behaviour
EXAMPLES OF ELECTIVE COURSES
- Business or Commercial Law
- Computer Technology – advanced courses in Excel, Access, etc.
- Event Management
- Financial Accounting
- Human Resources Management
- Project Management
- Public Relations
- Social Media
- Website Design/Management
EQUIVALENTS GRANTED TOWARDS QAA DESIGNATION
Applications to the QAA Program will be accepted from members who have completed all or part of the course requirements for QAA certification prior to joining the Association. The QAA designation will be granted to members who provide proof of successful completion of the course requirements outlined in the QAA Program. The following is required:
- These members are required to pay the one time non-refundable QAA Enrollement Fee of $100.
- These members are responsible for submitting their transcripts of courses taken prior to enrollment in the QAA Program to a QAA partnering post-secondary institution for evaluation to determine if they are equivalent to current QAA course requirements. A representative from the educational facility offering the QAA program must confirm a final determination in writing of the equivalency.
- Once equivalency is obtained, transcripts and documents verifying equivalency must be forwarded to the Director – Registrar.
- It is the member’s responsibility to pay all expenses to obtain an equivalency from a QAA partnering post-secondary institution.
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR INTERNATIONALLY EDUCATED STUDENTS
- The Association of Administrative Assistants (AAA) requires that internationally educated students interested in obtaining equivalencies for the Qualified Administrative Assistant (QAA) program have their academic records evaluated by World Education Services (WES). The Association requires a WES Course-by-Course evaluation report. When you apply to WES, either online or by paper application, indicate that you want the Association Registrar to receive a copy of your evaluation report directly from WES. To begin your application with WES, apply online or print out the application form and instructions at www.wes.org/ca/apply.
Students who have previously taken all the courses of the QAA Program at a partnering university of the Association, must be a member of the Association for a minimum of one full year before qualifying for QAA designation.
QAA designation holders must remain members in good standing of the Association of Administrative Assistants to retain the designation of Qualified Administrative Assistant.